Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Goat Cheese Burgers

We first had these at a steakhouse in Canada.  I was pregnant at the time, which meant I couldn't have steak cooked the way I like it, so I opted for a burger.  It was about as life-changing as a burger can get!  

Goat Cheese Burgers

Hamburger patties
Buns
Goat cheese (crumbled or sliced)
Other condiments -- I like mayo, ketchup, tomato slices, lettuce, and onions.

Make your burgers how you will.  The goat cheese makes everything feel a little dry, so you need to add more moisture in the form of extra mayo and/or ketchup.  I put mayo on the top and bottom buns, and that works fine.  Also, put the goat cheese next to the burger patty so the flavors intensify each other.  I layer them like this, from the bottom up:  bun, mayo, goat cheese, burger patty, onions, tomato, lettuce, ketchup, mayo, bun.  You want the goat cheese to hit your tongue at the same time as the meat, and slightly before if possible, so either put it on the bottom (which keeps the crumble kind of goat cheese from falling off all the time) or eat your burger upside down.

No comments:

Post a Comment