Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Broccoli and Mushroom Quesadillas

I'm a huge fan of quesadillas.  A lot of times at a restaurant, I'll get a quesadilla off the appetizer menu as my entree.  I do that a lot at IHOP and Ruby Tuesday.  The first place I ever had one was at the Perkin's near our college.  I've loved them ever since.

Broccoli and Mushroom Quesadillas

3/4  cup Onion -- chopped
8 oz. Sliced mushrooms
2 cloves Garlic -- minced
1/4  Tbsp. Parsley
1/4  tsp. Oregano
1/4  tsp. Basil
1/2  tsp. Salt
2 tbsp. Butter
4 Tortillas
2 cups Frozen broccoli -- steamed
3 cups Shredded Monterey Jack
Sour cream

Saute the onions, mushrooms, garlic, herbs and salt in the butter over medium until lightly browned. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in pan and top with cheese to within half an inch of edge. Top with 1/4 of mushroom mix and broccoli. Heat until cheese melts. Carefully fold tortilla in half and remove from skillet. Repeat, spraying skillet between tortillas.  Serve with sour cream on the side for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment