Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Zucchini Chicken

Yes, I'm posting a new recipe here.  Try not to faint.

We had this tonight, and I omitted the jalapeno because my kids are wimps AND I wanted to be able to put my contacts in sometime later this year.  It was delicious anyway -- I thought so, and so did Cassian.

Zucchini Chicken


3 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1 tsp. jalapeno -- minced (optional)
1/2  tsp. lime peel -- grated
1/8 tsp. ginger
2 cups chicken pieces
1 tsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. oil
2 medium zucchini -- julienned
1/2 red pepper -- stir-fry cut
1/2 yellow pepper -- stir-fry cut
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Combine lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, jalapeno, lime peel, and ginger in a large bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.

Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini, red and yellow peppers, salt, and pepper. Stir-fry until tender-crisp. Remove from skillet. Add 1 Tbsp. oil to skillet. Add chicken mix and stir-fry until cooked through. Return veggies to skillet, cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes until zucchini begins to wilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment