Monday, April 20, 2015

Tuscan-Roasted Asparagus

I inadvertently improved this recipe today.  I was in a hurry and just read through it once, since I've made it before, then didn't refer back to it over and over because I thought I knew what I needed to do.  So I tossed the lemon juice in with everything else before roasting.  And everything turned out so much more flavorful!  So I'm changing the recipe to reflect that.  Tasty, tasty mistake :-9  However, that did make it kind of burn onto the tin foil in places, so definitely be sure to line your pan with foil!

Tuscan-Roasted Asparagus

1 lb asparagus -- trimmed and cut in 1- 1 1/2" pieces
1 cup grape tomatoes -- halved
2 Tbsp pine nuts
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp lemon juice
2-3 Tbsp Parmesan (to taste, basically)

Toss everything except Parmesan together.  Bake on a foil-lined baking sheet at 400 for 15-20 minutes.  Sprinkle with Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment