Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"Combat!" Cupcakes

Yes, I named these after my favorite TV show.  The first time I made these, I'd just received the latest season of Combat! on DVD, and I enjoyed these and some episodes together.  I've made them very often since.

Combat! Cupcakes

1 chocolate cake mix
1 small box chocolate instant pudding
3/4 cup water
3 eggs -- beaten
 1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup chocolate chips -- frozen

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour muffin pan or use paper muffin cups. Mix together cake mix, pudding, water, eggs, applesauce, oil, and almond extract until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips last. Fill cups 3/4 full. Bake about 20-33 minutes, or until done when tested with a toothpick. 

Makes about 18 regular cupcakes or 48 mini cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment