Sunday, March 29, 2015

Banana-and-Peanut-Butter Blender Mini-Muffins

I found this recipe via Pinterest -- the original is here.  As per the recipe's original creator's wishes, I have rewritten all the instructions myself so I can post it here.  She also has a chocolate version, which I have not yet tried.

My kids totally love these, and I give these to them as their after-swimming-lessons snack a couple times a month.  With all the good stuff in them from the peanut butter and bananas (and no refined sugars except in the teeny chocolate chips), I feel like they're a great pick-me-up for them after they've use up all that energy.  These freeze really well, so I can store them up and just pull them out of the freezer before we head to lessons.  Also, I happen to think they're super tasty when frozen, so they're a quick treat for me sometimes too :-D

Banana-and-Peanut-Butter Blender Mini-Muffins

1 medium ripe banana -- peeled
1 large egg
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (store-bought peanut butter works best)
3 tablespoons honey (can substitute agave or maple syrup)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 400F.  Grease 24 mini muffin tins or use paper liners.  Put banana, egg, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, soda, and salt directly into your blender and blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.  Stir in chocolate chips by hand (the blender will turn them into chocolate bits, so don't use it for this).  Use a spoon to fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake for 8 to 9 minutes, or until tops spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted into their center comes out clean.  Because they're small, they burn quickly, so watch them.  Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing.  Store in an airtight container or the freezer.

3 comments:

  1. Random thing -- this is my 100th recipe posted here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these earlier this week for the kids (and me too). We finished them in two days. Jack cried when I told them they were all gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwww, poor kiddo. I make these every month or two cuz my kids LOVE them for after-swimming snacks.

      Delete