Friday, March 19, 2021

PB&B Bites

I just made this recipe up because I needed a snack for my kids to eat after their swimming lessons today, and we had an old banana.  I've made things like this before, from other people's recipes, but this one, I made up.  These would be tasty for breakfast-on-the-go too.

PB&B Bites

1 ripe banana -- mashed with a fork
1/2 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter of your choice)
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup chocolate chips (or raisins, dried cranberries, currants, etc)

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix banana, peanut butter, and oats together thoroughly.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Drop by rounded spoonful on a cookie sheet and bake 9-12 minutes, until edges are brown.  Allow to cool on pan 2 minutes before removing from baking sheet.

Makes about 15 large or 20+ small bites.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea!!! So nutritious, yummy and fun! And you can use up those ripe bananas, too.

    ReplyDelete